Seeking a Project Lead Designer
Reed Burkett Lighting Design is seeking a motivated and creative lighting design professional to join our award-winning design practice. The Project Lead Designer/Project Manager position affords opportunity for firm leadership and long term career advancement. Experience with the challenges of designing and managing multiple projects concurrently with overlapping schedules, deadlines and associated demands is of high value.
Potential lighting design candidates shall exhibit experience in the following:
- Executing lighting designs on a wide variety of project types including office, hospitality, museum, retail, site landscape/hardscape and large-scale buildings and structure exteriors.
- Being a self-starter capable of leading lighting design and project management on medium to large scale commissions, while directing 1-2 person support team.
- Doing work in all phases of the lighting design and delivery process, from early planning through construction administration, including: concept development, interdisciplinary communication, equipment selection and specifications, lighting fixture schedules, budgeting, detailing, layouts, lighting calculations, construction administration support including site visits and final aiming.
- Designing within project budgets.
- Developing lighting design presentation materials and presenting work to fellow professionals, clients and project stakeholders.
- Documenting projects utilizing Revit and AutoCAD, as well as creating and communicating design mark-ups for production by others.
- Executing lighting design calculations using simulation software such as AGI and directing less experienced staff in similar project related responsibilities.
- Designing lighting control systems including documentation of one-line diagrams, details, specifications, sequence of operations and integration with related building or site systems.
- Developing, reviewing and analyzing cost estimates during design and post-design phases of a project.
- Mentoring junior design staff on lighting design concept development, project design process, technical analysis, and other similar skills.
Job Requirements and Skills:
- 4 or 5 year degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Interior Design, Theatrical Design or Electrical Engineering, or closely related field.
- 8 to 12 years of professional experience in architectural lighting design.
- Working knowledge of industry standard software including Revit, AutoCAD, AGI32, MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Comcheck, SketchUp and similar programs.
- Writing and speaking skills commensurate with positon demands.
- Capacity for working in a team environment.
- Willing to travel for project needs and demands.